- Snow days. I have a love/hate relationship with snow days. I love the time at home with my daughter, but ugh, if they don’t throw a HUGE kink in school plans. But mostly, I love them. Show me a working adult who wouldn’t like a day or two off from work, guilt-free, and I’ll show you a liar, liar, pants-on-fire.
- My students. Love them! They sure can get me down sometimes, but man if they can’t pick me up just as much. They’re funny, sweet, and their enthusiasm for art class makes me all warm and fuzzy.
- My coworkers. Think what you will about me, but I actually love my coworkers. I am going through something at home that has really been wearing on me these past couple of weeks, and dang-it, if they haven’t been the most gosh darn supportive people. It’s good to know you have people on your side when you need a hug, or a shoulder to cry on.
This Week’s Lows
- Students move away all the time in my neck of the woods, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t sad to see friends brokenhearted when one moves away.
- Unfortunately, tragedy also strikes in these parts, as it does everywhere, and two of the sweetest girls unexpectedly lost their mother this week. My heart goes out to them.
- At the end of each quarter, I have free choice day, mostly to give myself some time to finish up last minute grades, but also as a reward to the students for all their hard work during the quarter. My Kindergarten free choice day was delayed a couple of weeks, so they just had theirs today. After reviewing how free choice day works, I opened the floor up to questions. A quiet little girl raised her hand and asked, “are we doing this because you didn’t have anything planned for us?” Oh, sweetie, aren’t you just so precious.
- I want to try doing something like this with my students. SO cute! Does anyone else do plushies with their kids?
- Looking for new Instagram accounts to follow? Try this one, this one, and this one.
- These NASA posters are gorgeous. You can download them for free here.
- This video is hilarious.
- In case you missed it, 8 Tips for Easier Art Show Prep.
- I strongly dislike coloring. Here’s a coloring sheet I can get on board with.
- I have a slight obsession with organizing, and I recently discovered the joys of bullet journals. There are so many items on my wishlist from here.